New Workflow actions have been added to the Workflow Designer introduced in the previous version of Pepperi Web Admin.
The new Actions include:
- Capture Geolocation at any point in the Workflow – captures the Latitude and Longitude coordinates of the device. You can capture the location not only upon submission, but during any other status change of the Transaction. The values will be saved in custom fields (one for LAT and one for LNG) of the Transaction Type and can be displayed on any form or report.
- Capture Date & Time at any point in the Workflow (not only on Submit) – captures the Date & Time and saves it in a custom field. This is a timestamp at any point in the Transaction or Activity that allows you to capture when a specific event such as a change in status, payment, sync, or alert occurred. You can then display it on any form or report.
- Hosted ePayment – initiates an electronic payment via the provider configured in Pepperi. If the payment fails, you can choose an alternate status for the Transaction.
Note: the ePayment Action is listed on the Web Admin, however is not yet supported on Mobile devices and will be announced upon release.
For a full list of Workflow actions see: Workflow Designer
Note: the new Workflow designer is available upon request and its availability is subject to the Pepperi package you have purchased. Please contact us to activate this capability.
The new Profiles enhancement to Workflow designer allows you to manage different Workflow Transitions and Actions by profile:
- Change the status of an order, based on which sales rep is submitting it. For example, allow certain reps automatic approval for orders, while others need manager approval.
- Allow only certain Sales Reps who have permission to process ePayments
- Notify managers by email about certain orders based on who submitted them.
You can also have different names for the “Done” or “Submit” buttons in the app for the different profiles.
For example, for a Rep who can take payments, the button in the Cart can be named “Pay” while for a Rep who cannot take payments, the button can simply be labeled “Submit”, “Send for approval” or any other text you require.
Note: Support for this configuration on the mobile app is not yet available and will be announced upon release.
It’s easy to define Transitions for specific profiles!
The new Workflows Table view allows you to view the Transitions available for each Profile.
Click on the Table view and add a form for the Profiles you require.
Within each form, you can view the Transitions that are available for each profile.
Configure the Transitions available for each Profile.
- Delete the Transition Steps not relevant to the Profile by clicking on the delete icon next to the Transition
- Enter a name for the Transition Steps that are relevant to the Profile. The name you enter will appear on the form submission button for that Profile (instead of “Done” or “Submit”).
- Enable a Transition Step for the Profile by clicking on the + sign
To continue configuring additional Profiles click “Manage Profiles” to return to the list of Profiles. The Actions in the Transition Steps you have enabled for each Profile will be executed.
You can now filter Activity List and Dashboards based on the following additional Transaction/Activity statuses:
- Bill of lading
- In Progress
- Needs online approval
- Needs payment
- On hold
- Waiting for sales rep approval
You can now configure which types of views are available in the Cart.
- Grid View – basic view for tablets
- Matrix Grid View – relevant if you are using Matrix items with variants
- Line View – recommended view for mobile phones
Simply edit the Cart Menu form (Settings -> Transaction Types -> Cart -> Cart Menu) for each profile.