The Automated Image Uploader automatically updates Pepperi item images stored on your FTP server.
- Images for all the items in your catalog can be retrieved automatically, including:
- Multiple images per item (up to 6)
- Images per color/size variant
- The same image can be assigned to multiple items (using Display code, see below)
The connection to your FTP server will be made on a daily basis at a time that you indicate.
Images will be retrieved and updated in your catalog.
Once an image has been copied from the FTP server to your catalog, the image will not be re-copied at the next scheduled image upload.
If you need to replace images, you must change the timestamp of the image, and only then will it be replaced upon the next scheduled image upload.
To remove an image, go to Items >> Manage Catalog, click on the item's Upload Image button. Click on "Remove Image" for the images you want to remove.
Uploading Additional Images
You can upload up to 5 additional images per item via the Uploader's automation. Your image files must be named using the following convention:
The item's code used to match the image file, a delimiter ( _ or - or / or \ ) and then a number between 1-5.
For example, my item's code is XYZ. The main image file is named: XYZ.jpg
Up to 5 additional image files are named: XYZ_1.jpg, XYZ_2.jpg, XYZ_3.jpg, XYZ_4.jpg, XYZ_5.jpg
My additional images delimiter is "_".
Automated Image Uploader Setup
Access the setup via Settings >> Items >> Automated Image Uploader
1. Server URL: your FTP server IP address
2. User Name: your FTP username
3. Password: your FTP password
The Test button will validate the FTP connection.
If the connection is unsuccessful, an error message will be displayed.
4. Additional Images Delimiter: this is the delimiter that separates between the item file name code and the numbers 1-5 (only).
5. Match file name to: indicate the file naming convention for your images.
By Item Code: this is the unique item code you loaded for each item (mandatory)
By Display Code: this is an additional item code field (the field name in Pepperi for this is Item Code 2, the API name is Code).
The special functionality available if you are using Display Code to map your image file names to your items, is that since Display Code does NOT have to be unique per item, therefore you may assign the same Display Code to multiple items and multiple items will have the same image loaded for them, from a single image file you name with that display code. So Display code is a one to many relation for images (while by Item Code it is a one to one).
6. Daily upload time: indicate the time at which you want the automatic image upload to begin each day.
The update will take several hours. It is recommended you check for images the next day after syncing Pepperi on your tablet.
'Upload Now' will start the process immediately.
The Export Log button will export the FTP log file allowing you to view errors if necessary.
7. Save your settings.