The Automated Image Uploader automatically updates Pepperi item images stored on your FTP server.
Images for all the items in your catalog can be retrieved automatically, including multiple images per item (up to 6) as well as images per color/size variant.
The connection to your FTP server will be made on a daily basis at a time that you indicate.
Images will be retrieved and updated in your catalog.
Once an image has been copied from the FTP server to your catalog, the image will not be re-copied at the next scheduled image upload.
If you need to replace images, you must change the timestamp of the image, and only then will it be replaced upon the next scheduled image upload.
To remove an image, go to Items >> Manage Catalog, click on the item's Upload Image button. Click on "Remove Image" for the images you want to remove.
Uploading Additional Images
You can upload up to 5 additional images per item via the Uploader's automation. Your image files must be named using the following convention:
The item's code used to match the image file, a delimiter ( _ or - or / or \ ) and then a number between 1-5.
For example, my item's code is XYZ. The main image file is named: XYZ.jpg
Up to 5 additional image files are named: XYZ_1.jpg, XYZ_2.jpg, XYZ_3.jpg, XYZ_4.jpg, XYZ_5.jpg
My additional images delimiter is "_".
Automated Image Uploader Setup
Access the setup via Settings >> Items >> Automated Image Uploader
1. Server IP: your FTP server IP address
2. User Name: your FTP username
3. Password: your FTP password
The Test button will validate the FTP connection.
If the connection is unsuccessful, an error message will be displayed.
4. Additional Images Delimiter: this is the delimiter that separates between the item file name code and the numbers 1-5 (only).
5. Match file name to: indicate the file naming convention for your images. By UPC code, or Item code, or other code you have loaded into the system.
6. Daily upload time: indicate the time at which you want the automatic image upload to begin each day.
The update will take several hours. It is recommended you check for images the next day after syncing Pepperi on your tablet.
'Upload Now' will start the process immediately.
The Export Log button will export the FTP log file allowing you to view errors if necessary.
7. Save your settings.