This article will show you how to add a remark or note on the line-item level, meaning for each item in the shopping cart of a transaction.
You'll need to add a custom line-item field in the Transaction type you need the remark for, and then position the remark on the order table on the forms you need.
You can add a single line text, paragraph text, or a dropdown menu with predefined choices to select from.
The advantage of a paragraph text is that the text box pops out and the user can see all the text they are typing at the same time.
1. Go to Settings -> Sales Activities
2. Click the edit (pencil) icon on the Transaction type you need the remark for.
3. In the Views and Forms -> Cart section edit the form you need the remark to appear on.
It is most likely that you will want the remark to appear for all profiles. And you will want it on the PDF copy of the order as well.
4. Once you selected a form to position the remark field on, if you already have a custom line item field with the remark type you need, then just drag it over and position it on the cart. Chances are you don't already have this field. To create it, just click on "Add custom field?" (or go the field tab and create it there).
Select the type of custom field you need for the remark:
Either a Single Line Text, Paragraph Text, Dropdown, or Multi-choice drop down
Single Line Text - free text your sales rep can enter as a remark
Paragraph text - has a larger area to type the text. Allows the user to see all the text they are typing at one time.
Dropdown - sales rep can select a single choice from a drop down menu
Multi choice drop down - will present a menu of options you define for the sales rep to select from (multiple choices can be selected).
Once the custom field is created, it must be positioned as one of the columns on the Cart view.
5. To add this remark to the PDF copy of the order edit the Details PDF form and add the field to the configuration.