Activity Planning setup and configuration:
1. Indicate which Activity Types are required for planning
2. Configure the Account Grid View columns.
3. Color Code pins on the map view
4. Configure the Account Smart Search Filters
5. Configure the Activity Planning Form
6. Customize Sales Activity List with Scheduled Activities to include the states and types of activity you want to see.
1. Indicate which Activity types are required for planning - choose the activity types that need planning. Not all activities you have created for your sales staff require planning.
Go to Settings -> Activity Planning -> Activity Planning Display Options
Select the Admin form and any other profile form you want to be able to plan these Activities (for example: Rep or other profiles you may have created). Drag the activities which you want to be available for planning, from the Available Fields to the Layout.
2. Configure the the Account Grid View columns
Go to Settings -> Activity Planning -> Accounts List
Add the fields that you wish to include in the Accounts Grid view to the layout of the Admin form.
Select the column and method to sort by (ascending/descending).
Set the column widths by entering a value between 10-200 in each column to determine its width.
Click Save. The columns, headings, widths and sorting method selected will appear in the grid view of Activity Planning:
3. Color Code the pins on the map view - Colored Pins on Map View for Accounts (not mandatory)
4. Configure the Account Smart Search Filters - This will allow you to choose the fields you want to filter the Accounts by, so you can get to the relevant customers you wish to plan Activities for. Smart Search Customization
5. Configure the Activity Planning Form - you may want to add fields to the Activity Planning form other than the planned start time and end time and Account info.
Each Activity type has an "Activity Planning" form in its setup. This form allows you to customize the form that is filled out by the admin or sales rep when they plan this type of Activity.
Configure the layout of the form to include any fields you may require when planning the Activity. You may add custom fields if necessary such as notes or instructions to be included on the form.
Go to Settings - > Sales Activities -> Activity Types
Edit the Activity Type you wish to change the planning form for, and go to the "Forms" tab.
Edit the Activity Planning form for the Activity:
6. Both Admin and Sales Rep can view the Activities planned and their status in the Sales Activities Lists. You may create and customize lists depending on the Activity types and statuses you wish to see in each list. Creating and Customizing Sales Activity Lists