To enable "tap-to-dial" for phone numbers in the Pepperi mobile app on mobile phones:
1. Create a custom field of type "Phone number" for the object you require a tap to dial phone number for. For example:
- For Accounts - add an Accounts custom field
- For Contacts - add a Contacts custom field
- For an Activity or Transaction - add a custom field in the Transaction header or Activity fields
2. Load a phone number value in the correct format for the field in your Account/Contact data that is loaded via integration to Pepperi. Or the user will enter a phone number on the Transaction/Activity form in the app.
- You can use the "+" symbol at the beginning of a country code
- You can use "-" symbol
- You can use a space
- Do not use any other symbols other than + , - , or <space> or the tap to dial will not work. If a user is entering the phone number into the field on a mobile phone device they will get an error if characters other than these used. The phone number entered by a user will be validated on mobile phone devices only (not web app).
Example: invalid because parentheses used
3. When tapping on the phone number in the Pepperi app on your mobile device, the dialer will automatically be opened and the phone number will be displayed. The user just needs to tap on "Call" or "Dial" to execute the dialing.
To create a custom Phone number field:
Go to the fields tab in the object you wish to create the tap to dial phone number for.
For Accounts/Contacts go to Settings -> Accounts/Contacts -> Fields tab
For Transactions/Activities go to Settings -> Sales Activities -> Edit the Transaction/Activity -> Fields tab
Add a custom field of type "Phone number"
When tapping on the phone number in the Pepperi app on your mobile device, the dialer will open with the number already entered. The user just needs to tap on the "Call" or "Dial" button for the dialing to be executed. (Note: tap to dial is not supported on web app.)