The first thing you'll notice when upgrading your mobile devices to V16 of our apps is our new login screen.
No action is required on your end, we've just made logging in to the app a bit smoother. We're paving the way for single sign on, security groups and more. . . so stay tuned.
There are some more enhancements which you can read about below:
Dormant and Volatile UDT
User Defined Tables can now be set to Dormant or Volatile. When creating the UDT select:
- None - UDTs with main key other than Account will be loaded to memory when opening the application and stay there for the duration of the time the app is running.
Account specific data from UDT with main key = Account will be loaded to memory when entering the account (i.e. to the account dashboard or Order Center) and stay there for the duration of the time the app is running. When re-entering the account, the data will be fetched directly from memory.
- Volatile - Same as None except that when exiting the Account, the Account specific data will be removed from memory. When re-entering the account, the data will be loaded again to the memory.
This is useful when your UDT data Primary key is Account ID, and the user is assigned to a large number of accounts and you want to avoid loading huge UDT tables to memory.
- Dormant - UDT won’t get loaded to memory. Access is only via API via the disk, and not the memory cache. This makes it a bit slower than using memory, but reduces memory consumption. This is useful when your UDT Primary key is NOT Account ID, and you need to access only small amounts of data in this UDT. For example, if your Primary key is Item ID or "Any". You should not access a dormant UDT from a line level rule because the access to this UDT is slower.
More on UDT's here.
Barcode Scanning in Activity Forms (iOS only)
We've added the ability for bar code scanning in Activity forms. Scanning can be done on non-order related items, such as:
- Scanning a store's barcode label when starting a store-audit activity, to confirm that the merchandiser is in the store.
- Scanning a refrigerator, an aisle or any other type of display unit to indicate which display is being reported on.
Use the new action added to the Activity Workflows that allows you to scan a barcode on an Activity form and the code scanned will be saved to a custom field.
Enhancements to the Client API
Client API ability to search for Items and create objects such as Transaction Types. See all the details in our Client API docs.