Main Category is a mandatory field in Pepperi. Since Quickbooks doesn't force a category field, we automatically create a 'General' main category, so items will upload without interference.
If you wish to replace the main category with your own category field, follow these steps:
- First create a custom field in Quickbooks – populate that with your brands. (Please consult Quickbooks help on assistance in custom field creation)
- Open up the scheduler (clock icon in your task bar), highlight the ‘items’ line and press RUN EXE
- Once the export has completed, go into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pepperi\Pepperi for Quickbooks\exporter\ and pick up items.csv. Check this new file has the updated custom fields you created
- Go into the back office, Items -> Manage Items ->Import/Export -> Import and upload the items.csv file
- Remove the ‘Main category’ mapping from the current column by changing it back to ‘Choose Value’
- Select your new column populated by your custom field, and select main category from the drop down selection
Your current data will upload manually in this form. This is a one time operation - the mapping will be saved for any future automatic uploads.