IMPORTANT: If you selected the Fashion industry in your Free trial, and you are now trying to upload non-Matrix Items you must
clear out the matrix mapping first, and then map your non-Matrix items.
For instructions on how to clear out the matrix mapping click here: How to Clear the Mapping of the existing data and Start Afresh.
If you selected any other industry other than Fashion and you are importing non-matrix items continue to Step 1 below.
You may import BOTH Matrix and non-Matrix items. In this case then follow these instructions instead:
The uploading process is comprised of 2 main steps.
Step 1: create an Excel file.
Every row in the Excel file represents an item in your catalog. The columns contain different properties for each item.
The names and order of the columns is not critical, you can map your headers to our fields using a simple mapping tool as described below.
To make things quick and easy It is recommended you download the template Excel file and add your item information to that template.
You can get the template in one of two ways:
- Export your existing items excel file from Items -> Manage Items -> Import/Export tab
- Select from a list of industry templates here.
Depending on your industry, the template contains particular headers that you may wish to include in your Pepperi configuration.
Once you downloaded the template you can insert your data while maintaining the column structure.
For a detailed description of all the headers and more aspects of the import process refer to these articles:
- The list of fields and their meanings: Explanation of Item Fields
- All About Pricing in Pepperi: All About Pricing
Points to Remember:
- The mandatory headers are Main Category and Item Code (must be unique)
- The file must be saved as an Excel workbook (xls, xlsx).
- Must not contain formulas
Once your file is ready continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Map your Excel column headings to the Pepperi fields.
In the Import/Export Tab click on the import icon and browse to your file.
If you already have items in the system, you will be brought directly to the advanced mapping screen in our Wizard.
If you imported a file with the same column heading names as you have previously uploaded, Pepperi will remember your mapping and display it to you for review.
Review every field's mapping; review those fields that are already marked in blue as mapped and select a mapping for those that are not by selecting from the pull down menu.
If you need help selecting the correct field from the pull down menu refer to the meanings of the fields here: Explanation of Item Fields in Pepperi.
Click Finish and after a few minutes your items will be uploaded and you'll be directed to the listing of items in the import/export tab.
Please note that the headings you had in your excel file will serve as the names of the properties in Pepperi where property names are referenced. Also, the names of the headers in your Excel file will be the column headings used in the Items list view in Pepperi Manager.
If you have no items in the system at all you will be directed to the initial screens of our Wizard.
- Do you require a matrix Yes or No?
Yes means you're uploading styles with color/size or other variants. The items will be displayed in a matrix view in the catalog.
No means you're uploading items with no variants.
- Select your default currency (you'll be able to change it later).
3. Click upload file and browse to your file
Follow the steps in the wizard tabs. In each step you'll be prompted to select a column from your file that maps to the respective Pepperi field.
For example: the first step selects the main category, and so forth. .
- Once you reach the last tab you can click next and you'll be presented with a sample preview of what an item might look like in the catalog with some of your fields populated.
- If you wish to map additional fields click on Advanced and you'll be brought to the advanced mapping screen where you can map the additional fields from the pull down menu.
If you need help selecting the correct field from the pull down menu refer to the meanings of the fields here: Explanation of Item Fields.
- Click Finish and after a few minutes your items will be uploaded and you'll be directed to the listing of items in the import/export tab.
If your items did not load as you expected or you received an error message, look through the Error Log in order to determine the problem. How to Access the Pepperi Error Log
Upload Images for your Items
You can now upload images in bulk for your items. See the detailed instructions here: Bulk Upload of Item Images.