Use the attached Industry Item Templates to easily import items for this industry.
Each industry's template is attached to the article about that industry in this section: Uploading Items Using Industry Specific Excel Templates
Each template has industry specific features already defined. You just need to update it with your own data and then upload it.
Go to Items -> Manage Items
In the Import/Export Tab click on the import icon and browse to your file.
If you already have items in the system, you will be brought directly to the advanced mapping screen in our Wizard.
If you imported a file with the same column heading names as you have previously uploaded, Pepperi will remember your mapping and display it to you for review.
Review every field's mapping; review those fields that are already marked in blue as mapped and select a mapping for those that are not by selecting from the pull down menu.
If you need help selecting the correct field from to map to refer to the meanings of the fields here: Explanation of Item Fields in Pepperi.
Click Finish and after a few minutes your items will be uploaded and you'll be directed to the listing of items in the import/export tab.
Please note that the headings you had in your excel file will serve as the names of the properties in Pepperi where property names are referenced.
If you have no items in the system at all you will be directed to the initial screens of our Wizard.
- Do you require a matrix Yes or No?
Yes means you're uploading styles with color/size or other variants. The items will be displayed in a matrix view in the catalog. Matrix items exist for the Fashion industry template only.
No means you're uploading items with no variants (all other industries except Fashion).
- Select your default currency (you'll be able to change it later).
3. Click upload file and browse to your file
Follow the steps in the wizard tabs. In each step you'll be prompted to select a column from your file that maps to the respective Pepperi field.
For example: the first step selects the Main Category, and so forth. .
- Once you reach the last tab you can click next and you'll be presented with a sample preview of what an item might look like in the catalog with some of your fields populated.
- If you wish to map additional fields click on Advanced and you'll be brought to the advanced mapping screen where you can map the additional fields from the pull down menu.
If you need help selecting the correct field from the pull down menu refer to the meanings of the fields here: Explanation of Item Fields.
- Click Finish and after a few minutes your items will be uploaded and you'll be directed to the listing of items in the import/export tab.
If your items did not load as you expected or you received an error message, look through the Error Log in order to determine the problem: Accessing the error log
Please sign in to leave a comment.