Pepperi saves valuable time and enables quicker, error-free order taking and processing on showroom floors and at trade shows.
Make sure to follow these guidelines to ensure a productive smooth experience.
Before the Show
- Make sure all devices (phones/tablets) have the most updated version of the Pepperi App installed
- Sync Pepperi data with your own reliable Wi-Fi connection.
- Do not upload data files during the trade show. Make sure all items, accounts, contacts, or any other Pepperi data files are all loaded prior to the show.
- Prepare and customize your PDF via the Excel template and Cart and Order Details options from the Pepperi back office (Instructions here: Customize Details and Cart in Transaction Type.
- Preview a PDF order from Pepperi Cart to make sure that any customization has taken effect correctly.
- Make sure you've logged in to Pepperi with your credentials at least once while in online mode.
- Make sure all the images are uploaded after the initial sync. (When syncing close your tablet only after the tablet progress circle at the top left has completed turning. Even though you may have gotten a message from the App saying data sync is complete. Pepperi syncs images in the background, and if you shut down your tablet before the background sync is complete the images will not be loaded).
- Run a test of each process you'll be running within Pepperi (Transactions, Activities) before the show.
- Train your reps properly before the show on using Pepperi to execute all the possible Transactions and Activities you plan to use.
Pepperi in Offline Mode:
Keep Pepperi in off-line mode while your tablet remains on-line - designed specifically to print Pepperi orders off-line using a printer with a hot spot connection (for shows).
To put Pepperi App in Offline mode go to the Settings from the home screen and turn on Work Off-line.
During the Show
If the Wi-Fi network – like in many public Wi-Fi networks - disconnects you after 10-15 minutes, it is advisable to work offline. Don't depend on an unreliable Wi-Fi connection, it is better to simply work offline and then sync when you have a strong connection later on.
For faster order taking, we recommend that you work offline during the show (turn on Airplane mode in the tablet’s settings). Switch to online mode once you have a high bandwidth connection in order for Activities and Transactions to be synchronized.
Pepperi is offline when there is no Wi-Fi, hotspot or 3G connection or when the tablet is set to airplane mode.
The following data will be sent automatically to the server once an Internet connection is established:
- Submitted orders, including order PDFs, to all recipients
- New Accounts created
- Accounts updated
- Draft Orders (In Creation)
Note: an orange exclamation mark on an order in the Account Dashboard activity bar indicates a submitted order that has not been sent to the server.
Online mode is enabled when there is a Wi-Fi, hotspot or 3G connection. Please note that during the trade show you might experience low bandwidth due to poor cellular reception and mass usage, which may influence the following operations:
- New account creation and account updating
- Submitting orders
The app progress indicator as well as the tablet's progress circle on the upper left will let you know that these operations are still in progress.
Check your email to ensure that you received the Transactions that were submitted.
To print orders from Pepperi App: Print an Order from Pepperi