You can create a sales transaction within Pepperi that is processed as a quote, and not submitted as a sales order transaction.
In order to generate a quote or proposal from you can use one of three methods:
1) Create a custom field labeled “Status” in the transaction fields, with optional preset values: Quote, Sales Order, Invoice, Return, etc. . . to be indicated by the sales rep at the time of the order and to be printed on the quote PDF emailed to the recipients. Once the quote is approved by the customer, it can be submitted as a sales order.
2) Upon creation of the sales transaction in the cart, preview the order in a customized PDF form and print or email it directly from your tablet. The order will be saved “In Creation” status and can be submitted only after approval of the quote is received. Further processing is automated, such as automatic integration to your ERP system.
3) Create a dedicated Sales Transaction type for a quote. The transaction will have its own Email notifications, Order PDF templates (including header/footer content), Approval workflows, ERP integration process, data field customizations.
1 ) Custom Field
Create a custom field in the transaction fields of the sales order called “Status of Transaction” (or any name you select).
Go to Settings -> Sales Activities -> Transaction Types
Click on the Edit (pencil) icon on the Sales Order transaction Type (this is the default transaction type provided in the admin back office).
Add a custom field:
Go to the Data Customization tab
Select a dropdown type of custom field and enter a name and the options for the values:
Next, position the field on the Header of PDF form, the Sales Rep Form and the Admn forms (otherwise you will not see the value on the forms, and the rep will not be able to set the value in the cart).
Go to the Header tab, select edit on each of the forms and add the field to one of the header sections:
Drag the field from the Available fields Custom Transaction fields section to one of the sections in the Header:
Do this for all the forms (Sales Rep, Admin, PDF).
When sales order transactions are created this field will be available for sales reps to select a value from the values you indicated in the custom field.
As seen here on the app:
Export any subsequent "Quote" transaction type to PDF, and you will see the field appearing in the header, indicating that this sales transaction status is “Quote”.
To export an order as PDF go to the Activities List, by clicking on the Orders section. Select the order you want to export, and click on Menu -> Export to HTML to PDF.
You will see the value in the PDF exported – where you positioned it:
2) Create a sales order transaction and when reaching the cart do not press submit, rather preview the order as PDF.
After adding the items to a typical sales order, in the cart tap on the menu -> Print Preview
You can then email this PDF to the Account directly from the tablet as a quote.
Exit the cart by pressing Back and the sales order transaction will automatically be saved as status “In Creation”.
You can see this in the Account Dashboard, the order will be marked in red:
Whenever you wish, you can enter the order and submit it as a sales order transaction by pressing Submit.
4)Dedicated Sales Transaction Type for Quotes
You can create a dedicated Sales Transaction type for Quotes. The transaction will have its own Email notifications, Order PDF templates (including header/footer content), approval workflows, ERP integration process, and data field customizations.
Follow the detailed instructions in these articles:
- Sales Transaction Types - Order, Invoice, Return and more
- Sales Transaction Types Workflow and Settings