A Service Account Key is used for uploading the build of your branded app to the Alpha track in the Play Developer console.
Pepperi will need this key in order to be able to upload the build.
Steps to create a service account that has access to Play Console:
- Open Google Play Console
- Click the Settings menu entry
- Click Developer Account menu entry
- Click API Access
- In Service Accounts section click on CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT button
4. Follow the dialog instructions to open the API Console
- Click the CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT button at the top
- Provide a Service account name and click CREATE
- Click Select a role, choose Service Account User and click CONTINUE
- Click DONE in Grant users access to this service account (optional)
- In the Service Accounts page click on the action menu for the service account you just created
- Choose Create key in the menu
- Select JSON in the dialog and click CREATE
The private key will be saved to your computer, you'll later upload it to the add on.
4. Back on the Google Play Console click DONE to close the dialog
5. Click on GRANT ACCESS for the newly added service account
6. Choose Release Manager in the Role dropdown
7. Click ADD USER to close the dialog