Automated Jobs Add-on is a tool for Pepperi Admins, allowing you to execute a wide range of business tasks based on gathering and processing data from both Pepperi and external sources. (For information on more Pepperi Add-ons click here).
Jobs are used when you need to process or update a more complex accumulation of Pepperi data, which may include a combination of Transactions, Activities, Accounts and Items.
Jobs can be run manually - initiated by the Pepperi Admin, or scheduled to run automatically.
This add-on provides a central management console for all jobs. You can monitor, add, edit and manually run jobs from the add-on interface. ( . . .if you're a techie - it's like cron for Pepperi with an easy to use GUI!).
Manual jobs - Run a job manually to get Pepperi data, processes it, and update a certain field in the data.
A job that is scheduled to run on a regular basis that gets data from your external database, and then creates Pepperi activities based on the parameters in that external data.
Run a scheduled job on the 20th of each month that totals all the orders for each Account for that month, and compares it to the same monthly total last year. If there is a greater than 20% decrease:
1. Create a Pepperi task for the Sales Rep to visit the store manager and find out what's going on.
2. Create a Pepperi task for that Sales Rep's manager to follow up on it.
- Run a scheduled job on Thursdays that checks which of the Merchandiser's Accounts were not visited in the past two weeks, and create a Visit Task for the Merchandiser for each Account not visited.
- Run a monthly scheduled job that cleans up clutter by deleting your buyers orders that are still "In Creation" status (many times buyers will start orders but not submit them).
The job code script is written by your Pepperi Admins or programming staff familiar with Pepperi API. Our professional services can also guide or write jobs for you according to your business needs.
The Automated Jobs add-on allows you to:
- Add Jobs
- Schedule jobs to run automatically
- Run jobs manually
- Add email recipients to get errors or failed job notifications
- View a job's Execution Log
- View a job's Audit Log
Jobs are written in Node_js script and use the Pepperi API to access data.
Integration tasks that are already supported in the iPAAS (Pepperi's integration platform as a service) should continue to run via iPAAS. The Automated Jobs add-on should be used for tasks not already supported in iPAAS.