Why would you want to duplicate a Transaction or Activity Type?
1. Testing trade promotions on one of your transactions, and want to do it on a test environment first.
2. You created a Transaction Type for one sales channel - ie Sales Reps - to use, and you want to create a similar Transaction Type for the Buyers on the eCommerce site to use. Duplication will allow you to just make the tweaks you need without having to recreate Workflows, configure views, add custom fields.
When duplicating a Transaction/Activity Type, first create a new Transaction/Activity, then export the existing Transaction/Activity you wish to duplicate, and then import the exported file to the new Transaction/Activity type. All custom fields, Workflows, configurations of Order Center Views, Cart, Menus, etc. will be duplicated.
How to duplicate Transaction/Activity Types
1. Go to Settings -> Sales Activities -> Transaction Types/Activity Types
2. Add the new Type you want to create. Click on "+", enter a name and description and Save.
3. Select the Transaction/Activity Type you wish to export and select "Export" from the Menu. A file containing the activity type definition will be downloaded. Then, select the new Transaction/Activity type and select "Import" from the menu, and drag the downloaded file to the import screen.
Modify the new Transaction/Activity to configure it for its intended use.