The Open Catalog Add-on allows potential customers to browse your products with no login required.
- Enables a developer to publish a single “Pepperi Catalog” on as many URLs as needed
- Super-fast search and filtering engine
- Configurable catalog views
Add up to 5 Open Catalogs. Display the Open Catalogs on different domains. You can publish each Catalog to more than one domain.
Add an Open Catalog with cosmetic and pharmaceutical products to a domain mypharm.b2b.com
Add another Open Catalog with premium products to two domains topcos.b2b.com and premium.brands.com
The Open Catalog configuration is taken from settings in the Pepperi back office:
Based on the Items in the Pepperi Catalog associated with the Open Catalog
Categories, Views, and Search
Based on the options you configure in a dedicated Pepperi Transaction Type associated with the Open Catalog.
Adding and Configuring an Open Catalog
Go to Settings -> Open Catalog
Click on Add Open Catalog
Select a Pepperi Catalog to assign the Open Catalog to. The Filters and Items in the Pepperi Catalog selected will be the ones shown in the Open Catalog on your web page.
Enter a name for the Open Catalog
A Transaction Type with this name will be created in the Sales Activities -> Transaction Types section of the Settings.
The Open Catalog views and functionality (search, sort, category tree, etc.) are based on the configuration of this Transaction Type.
This Transaction Type is dedicated for use by the Open Catalog. It is not made available to Pepperi users.
The following configurations are required in the Transaction used by the Open Catalog:
Note: Configure the following for "Rep" Profile only. You may configure by screen size for Rep Profile as well.
- Configure Order Center Views - configure the Medium and Lines View. These are the two view options in the Open Catalog. The Order Center Views Menu configuration will determine the order of the two available view buttons.
- Item Information Page view - configure the info page to include the fields you wish to show in the Open Catalog.
- Search - configure searchable fields. If you don't configure searchable fields, all fields will be searchable, negatively impacting performance.
- Item Sort – configure one or more values for sorting items in the catalog (by both ascending/descending). Such as Item Name, Item Code, etc.
Select a Pepperi Catalog to assign to the Open Catalog with Filters. The Filters will represent the Categories in the Open Catalog Category tree (How to Create Multiple Catalogs).
This Catalog will automatically be assigned to the Open Catalog Transaction created in the Name section.
The Access key assigned will be used by the developer and/or the WordPress Plugin to make the API calls.
The key can be revoked, thereby denying access to all API calls. When the key is revoked a new one is automatically created.
Clicking Preview will open an Open Catalog Transaction in a seperate tab, so you can view how the configuration you have done to the Transaction (Order Center, Item Info, Search, Sort, etc.. as listed above) looks in Pepperi before publishing.
Click Publish after configuring the Transaction. This will load the configuration and data to the dedicated Pepperi database (Elastic database). The Open Catalog API, and the WordPress Plugin (if you are using it) can then access the data from the database and present it on the web page.