Discounts can be applied to items, Main categories (Brands) and Accounts. You can also create business rules that are evaluated to apply automated discounts.
This article describes how to configure these discounts and control when they are applied.
What do the different discounts mean?
1) Item Discounts - a percentage discount applied to items. The discount is indicated when the item file is uploaded. The column is mapped to "Item Discount".
Each time this item is ordered, the percentage discount indicated in this field will be applied.
2) Account Discounts (also referred to as Wholesale Discount) - The percentage discount is indicated when the Accounts are uploaded. The column is mapped to "Discount". An Account discount is automatically applied to all the Account's orders.
3) Main Category Discounts - For each Account, items belonging to a Main Category (in some cases brand) can be discounted. The discount is applied in the Pricing Policy section of the settings . See screenshot and explanation below on how to configure.
4) Cross Sell & Upsell campaigns - You may also create campaigns with special bonuses, packages, and price tiers using the Cross-sell & Upsell features. For more information on this, see this article: Cross Sell & Upsell Campaigns
5) User permissions to apply discount - You may also grant sales reps permission to give discounts at the time of the transaction in the cart. For details on how to do this see: How to grant and take away permission from sales reps to give discounts in the cart
6) Automated Discounts - apply discounts in the shopping cart based on rules that are automatically evaluated. Create the discount rules based on order total, minimum amounts, quantities, or types of items ordered using the Pepperi Rule Engine. The rules will be evaluated automatically once entering the shopping cart and discounts will be applied.
Some examples (although the sky is really the limit using the rule engine and Workflows):
- Tier based quantity pricing per Account (ex: each customer has their own quantity tiers defined for Items, Customer A buys more than 50 of an item - pays 1.4, while Customer B who buys more than 50 will pay 1.5).
- Discounts based on Account Type
- Shipping or handling costs added per item, or per order
- Tax calculation by state/region/product
To activate Item and Account Discounts
Select Settings -> Pricing Policy
Select the discount policy you wish to implement from the Discount pull down menu and Click Save.
Main Category discount - only the Main Category discount will be applied (if configured).
No Discount - no Main Category discount will be applied, even if one was set
Main Category Discount or item discount (the greater)
Main category discount and then item discount.
To activate Main Category Discounts:
This can be done through the Main Category Discount screen in the backoffice Studio or by uploading a CSV file. See the article: Uploading Main Category discounts.
To configure via the backoffice Studio:
Go to Settings -> Pricing Policy -> Main Category Discount
The Main Categories (or brands) will be listed and you can enter a percentage discount per Account for these brands.
Main Category and Account Discounts on Pepperi Cart: