Security Groups enable multiple sets of rules regarding Login and Session, Password Policy, and more, and apply those rules to your different Pepperi user and buyer profiles.
- You may want a stricter password policy for your reps, as opposed to your buyers, in order to avoid making it complicated for less tech savvy buyers to change their password.
- Reps' passwords may never expire, while buyers will expire and require them to reset every 90 days.
- Give Buyers a One Time Password that they have to reset on first login
Security Group settings include:
- Password Policy settings which define the length, content and expiration of a password, password history and one time password, and blocking options.
- Login and Session settings which define whether users stay logged in, and the length of their session for both the Web App and Mobile devices.
- Authentication Providers settings (available for customers using Custom Domain and Login page add-ons) - define external identity providers such as Google or Facebook. Make it easy for buyers to log in to your B2B Storefront by associating their external credentials with Pepperi and not have to remember a separate set.
To create Security Groups go to Settings -> Company Profile -> Security Groups in the Back Office.
Add as many groups as you need and set the Password, Login and Authentication rules.
There is one "default" group which all users and buyers not assigned to other Security groups will belong to.
Password Policy settings
Login and Session Settings
Authentication Providers Settings
Assign Users and Buyers to Security Groups
Set for users in the Users List in the Web App. Make sure you have added a User List on the App home screen for the Admin user.
Select the users you want to assign to a Security Group, and select Change Security Group from the menu.
Then select the relevant Security Group from the list.
You can assign Buyers to Security Groups when connecting Contacts as Buyers.
In the Connect as Buyer screen select the Security Group to assign to the buyers you are connecting. If you only have one default Security Group, then this menu will not appear.
You can change the Security Group for Buyers in the Contacts List in the Web App. Make sure you have added a Contact List on the App home screen for the Admin user.
Select the buyers you want to assign to a Security Group, and select Change Security Group from the menu.
Then select the desired Security Group from the list.